Monday, January 25, 2010

Each Day, Something New..........

We never know what a day will bring, something new to learn, something different to see, a new person in our life! I have been in Physical Therapy for two weeks now and have met someone that I hope becomes a friend. She teaches sewing classes at the new quilt shop in town AND makes ceramic buttons!!! I have invited her to our next meeting and our Spring Button Show and she seems excited to come learn about buttons. She has poked through her Grandmother's button box and found one with a date of 18?? on it. I told her to bring it to the meeting and we shall discover if it has special meaning for her. Oh, yes, her name is Kathy.

Kathy's class in "art" jackets is in March. I shall be busy thinking of ways to earn the extra cash to take this class and making sure I set up that sewing area I have been talking about. For some reason I sort of got side tracked. I always "purge" my files this time of year and that is what I am doing, however, Linda insisted I needed to learn something new, like learning to Blog! It is so much fun and I go wandering through other "Blogs" with gay abandon. How did I ever have time to work full time and raise a family?? Some people tell me they are bored.........I can't imagine!! Well, I am back to my "purging" and below is Pat's thought for the day and her suggested activity.

ONE DAY AT A TIME............Pat Simmer Dobosenski

Dust the mop boards all over the house. Check the corners.

(Okay, the book wasn't written recently remember. I am sure the "mop boards" are the floor and toe moldings.)

Wishing you all something to "light-en" your day!!

1 comment:

  1. Ok, what's next? I dusted my mop boards back in '98.....................oh, you mean you have to do them MORE than ONCE?!?

    ReplyDelete